Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Life Happening

Seems like it's been awhile since I've posted...a REALLY long while!  In a nutshell...life happens, has been happening.

We've grieved and celebrated.  We've worked and played.  We've been busy being a family and growing in so many ways together.  It's been a long, hard road that we've traveled.  But here we are, relatively unscathed and hopefully better for all of it. And now I'm back into the swing of new momma-dom washing diapers, finding fun natural toys, and making baby food all on top of mothering two older boys who need me in other ways.

I put aside my soap business for a time (and really haven't picked up full time yet...just a little on the side and some for ourselves).  And I truly mean packed it up and put it in boxes and stored it away!  Who would have thought.  But it was necessary to move into this next portion of our lives, necessary to simplify the everyday and focus on family.  And believe it or not, I am content with that for the time being (although I do miss the creation process).

In the mean  time I'm re-reading soap making books and freshening up my knowledge base so when I do come back it will be with all the mental tools I can possibly muster to make this soap making business grow and thrive again.  I'm excited to learn more about essential oils and herbs, about techniques and equipment, and even more excited to put it all together again into products I love.

Until next time I'll be busy here with three boys, crafting, creating, doing the momma thing. 

No comments: