Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Breathing

Funny how little events can have a huge impact on your thinking and how your attitudes in situations can make or break you as a person and a business woman.

This week I was reminded of several things that can help shape the outcome of any situation.

1) It pays to breathe. Breathe before I react, before I OVER-react. Taking time to get my mental bearings before I speak or write allows me to process the situation fully and allows me to approach it from a calm and respectful manner.

2)
I am fallible. Horribly, awfully, humanly fallible. I forget things....easily. In my forgetfulness I am easily irritated, accusatory even. This also happens when I am not fully awake and haven't had breakfast, but that is another story.

This leads to a third reminder.

3)
I am in need of a better way to track the things I need to do on a daily and weekly basis. I need a better way of keeping track of the things I randomly volunteer my time or my business to....so I'm not reminded of the above.

And finally,

4)
To breathe. Yes, just breathe again. Life is too short to stress those little things. Breathing makes me a nicer person and I hope that niceness reflects out into my business.

This is me, breathing.....




Please take a look at this new web site dedicated to promoting unique handmade and vintage gift giving. Thank you Tim Adam of Handmadeology and Timothy Adam Designs for the opportunity to be a part of the "ground breaking" of Hey Handmade! I think Tim must do alot of breathing because he is super nice and a superior businessman.

1 comment:

Reshma at masalamangomantra.blogspot.com said...

Amen! Beautiful treasury out there...and yes are you headed to be part of Hey Handmade as well? I am thinking of becoming a part of it to showcase my creations!