Friday, August 5, 2011

Gone Already?

I can't believe it is August already! The grass is scorched from record breaking heat, yet there is still beauty to be found and memories to make before I send my brood back to the arms of waiting teachers.



There are supplies to be bought and clothes to try on. And life moves on and on, faster than I can track. I know that even as I've watched them all summer they have inched their way out of shoes and pants.



August, this week in fact, marks 12 years spent with this amazing man. Twelve years, where does that time go? I've been so blessed to have grown with this man beside me. He is my best friend. He keeps me balanced like no other, brings out he best in me. He is the daddy to these precious, growing boys. I can only pray they'll turn out like him.



I guess you could say:



My summer may be drawing to an end, but I still have us. And I love who we all are together.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Awh - this tugged at my heart! Ben, my boyfriend of three years, is moving away for college about an hour away from the school I attend. I love the summer because that's the time when we are both home and are only about 5 minutes away from each other. Being away from each other is hard, but I know it'll be worth it in the end!

Caitlin

Michael R. Hughes said...

Hi Kristi,

Great post! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Enjoying life like you do adds so much to the creative art from of soap-making. We believe that one truly inspires the other.

Life Soap Simple said...

You know Caitlin, we were HS sweethearts and spent a year apart for his 1st year of college and many summers due to various jobs over the five years we dated before we were married and it WAS worth it!

Thank you Michael. It isn't all roses, but we try so hard to make the most of every moment.