Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Projects

Well, summer break is officially in full swing. We don't have any major vacations or trips planned and I rather like it that way. The boys want to go to a cave or two so we'll work that in. The rest of the summer is up to us on a daily basis. It's a summer filled with books, out door adventure, home projects, popsicles, and supposedly fort building! I plan on squeezing in some soap making and finishing a quilt for a particular niece-to-be.



Aside from the daily routine and activity I've got several outdoor projects to accomplish this summer while I have my helpers readily available.

Project #1: Mission Paint the Fence
Our new neighbors acquired several buckets of leftover outdoor wood stain from the previous owners and graciously offered it to us to paint our side of their fence. It really is in desperate need of paint. We already have half of it accomplished and a whole set of clothes ruined. I think we need to get out Tom Sawyer...the boys would love to hear that story and fits right in with our theme.


Project #2: Refurbish Iron Work

is one of my own...I'm not sure I'll get much help, but that is ok. I found this fabulous iron garden piece oh....maybe 2 or 3 years ago and it has been gracing the weed infested flower row along the above mentioned fence. In its mild rustic state it looked quite nice...3 or so years later and up against a freshly painted fence...not so much.


I've sanded the rough spots and loose paint and applied a coat of primer. Now to decide what color I want to paint it. Typically I would go with black or maybe white, but I'm feeling the need for some color. What color should I paint this beauty?


  • Black
  • White
  • Cream
  • Light Blue
  • Green
  • Other

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hmm, I think you should paint it black or a dark green. It looks like you've got a busy summer ahead of you. Good that you've got some helpers x

Swan Mountain Soaps said...

You inspire me! By the way, what a great Huck Finn photo of your cute buys painting the fence! =]

Life Soap Simple said...

Yvonne, dark green would be great against the fence.

twobloomsdesignstudio said...

I think the fence should be light blue although black would look great. How did you get your blog layout like this? I saw the noaesthic.com link on your CSS code but still am confused how this was done.

Michelle