Tuesday, May 25, 2010

For all you Grease Monkeys out there....

My parents have owned their own business...auto and tractor parts and supplies....since I was about 8 or 9 years old. We spent alot of "quality" time at the shop and took an active roll in the business, from dusting shelves to waiting on customers, looking up parts, and even some of the book keeping according to the various stages of our capabilities.

One of the things I remember the most about being up there was being dirty and Dad was often greasy from cutting hydraulic hoses, repairing lawn mowers, or helping customers replace car batteries. The single sink only had cold water (that is another story) and a bar of some hard scratchy soap that left your hands so dry and unpleasant smelling you dreaded getting dirty. And let me tell you, while being dirty wasn't a big deal to us, being the girls that we were, we weren't into having dry, cracked hands.


image from: TrueStory.etsy.com

When I was thinking about making another batch of my Gardener's Soap I also had in mind something that would really get down to business with the dirtiest of dirty, the kind I grew up around. And thus, Grease Monkey was born.

Grease Monkey Soap
is the same great formula of the Gardener's Soap, packed with pumice and cornmeal to really go after that ground in dirt. It is also loaded with cocoa butter and plenty of avocado and olive oil to be sure you aren't dry to the bone when washing is done. Scented with a pleasing but not sissy blend of Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree, and Fir Needle essential oils. I choose to tint this bar black so that you aren't left with a really nasty looking bar after scrubbing off all that grit and grime. And the Monkey??? Well, that is for grins and for my dad!



Whether your dad is the mechanic type, the farmer type, or the artist type....he is going to love getting clean with this bar. Just ask my dad...he's given his seal of approval and that's all the proof I need.

5 comments:

Swan Mountain Soaps said...

That looks like some awesome soap! And I LOVE the little "grease" monkey stamp! Well done!

Laura Pugh said...

i love this, Kristi! I'll bet your dad is so very proud of you. It was impressed that you colored it black. My brother is a mechanic and I remember having some of the nastiest soap around, after he'd use it.

You continue to inspire and amaze me!

Amy W said...

What a great idea to color it black! And the monkey stamp is just too cute!

Amanda said...

Wow! Such a great idea- and that monkey stamp is just too cute! Love this!!

Soap Scent-sations said...

Thanks everyone! It is becoming a quick favorite!