Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surprise Inside

Cutting soap is one of my favorite parts of the process (other than the formulating). Being patient enough to wait is very difficult , but almost without fail it is worth it! When yo u cut into a loaf of soap you never know what may be waiting for you. I've been working on t rying to get better swirls and layers in my so aps so yesterday I planned a swirled fall soap. I was looking forward to see what might be aw aiting me after a late night of soaping. This particular loaf is a pumpkin soap made with pumpkin pulp, pie spices, and a touch of lavender (my fa vorite Essential Oil). It turned out a little darker than I had anticipated, but it is still a warm orange/brown from the natural color of the pumpkin and cinnamon...perfect for the fall. The biggest surprise was not the color, but instead the pattern that developed. Most have a lovely layer of light lavender through, but a few from one end had a rather creepy smile! I think these will be perfect for Halloween! What do you think?





This delightful soap will be available at the end of August.

1 comment:

innerearthsoaps said...

They turned out very nicely! Great for autumn. Cutting batches is one of my fave parts soapmaking too :-)