Monday, July 6, 2009

Soap of the Month - Lavender and Oats

Lavender Oats is one of my absolute favorites! I think it really is the scent I adore so much. Lavender is one of my favorite summer flowers and it finds it's home in many of my beds. I dry it every year for use in bouquets and sachets. This year, I have enough that I am going to try my hand at lavender jelly.

The bar itself is really a simple, yet luxurious bar. Primarily an olive oil soap with added shea butter and is loaded with ground whole oats for natural exfoliation. Lightly scented with soothing lavender that is true to the spicy notes of lavender.

I have previously made a hand-milled version of this bar, but I think you will find this one is even better and it is certainly bigger! The previous bars were around 3 oz each and are now cut to 4 oz or more! Generally, MORE!



Ingredients: Distilled Water, Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cococate, Sodium Olivate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, essential oil of lavender

I thought I would start off the first full week of the July with a Soap of the Month. During each month one soap will be featured and offered at a special price for the entire month. The discount will be available in any of my three on-line shops. For the month of July, Lavender and Oats will be available for $4.95 per bar (reg $5.50). Price not available with any other discount. To receive the special price for this month you must place in a message to the seller: JULY BLOG.

So stop on by one of my shops and enjoy the luxury of handmade soap!
Etsy
1000 Markets
Artfire

No comments: