Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tug of War

Today, at the prompting of another Etsian, I have been making some business considerations regarding all the many directions on-line sellers are being pulled. Are you playing tug-o-war?

In an attempt to broaden my market I've opened two other on-line shops in the past. One over a year ago, and the other at the beginning of the year. What I am finding is that it is difficult to promote all of those shops...there just are not enough hours in the day. Not only the promoting, but also the keeping enough stock to cover all three shops (you know, just in case I actually make any sales in those venues). I have a family, social life, and local business opportunities I would like to explore.

So what is to be done? For the time being, Etsy is my numero uno! I put the greatest amount of effort here, I am familiar with the ins and outs of Etsy, and am a member of 2 fabulous teams here. My clientele is building and many consistent, return customers. I think the tug of war is ending for me. I know where home is. Etsy is home, my local venues, and eventually I think my own web site is in order.

I would love to hear others thoughts on this. Are you pulled in many directions and don't know what to do? or are you focused and organized enough to manage various on-line venues?

No comments: