Friday, April 3, 2009

Putting Your Best Foot Forward

What are you doing to create an identifiable, cohesive product? This has been one of my goals this year...to create an image for Soap Scent-sations that is not only about what the products look like, but also about the quality and heart behind this business.

The early part of this year has been spent in my formulary. Same great products re-worked to be just what this business is all about...quality ingredients, small batches, light scents, and the encompassing idea that bath and body products can be fun and good for your skin at the same time.

Now that I truly feel that my products meet up to my own personal standards as well as the business standards and goals I have set for myself and also meeting ever important FDA regulations, I am working on creating a cohesiveness among the products. When you see one of my products, it should be easily identifiable as a product of Soap Scent-sations. Below is a sampling of what you can expect to find in the months to come.

4 comments:

Lip Balm Lovers said...

I like what you are doing. I have had a similar problem. It seems every time I think the product branding is good enough, I find something else to add. Updating product imaging is a never ending task.
Ric.

Ten Digit Creations said...

That's a great idea nd goal to have! We chose the hands for handmade and the kraft label for the natural look. It's worked for us so far. I also agree with Ric, with changing laws and endless graphics, it is a task.

Mics AKA Lunatiger said...

Your products look awesome! Can't wait to see it in the shop! ^_^

Michelle said...

I completely agree. I also struggle with product imaging and being satisfied. Actually, I also find a hard time with even the website, trying to decide what is good enough etc.

A word of caution though (and I need to take my own advice). Sometimes we spend so much time trying to "perfect" things that we take away time that could be used to promote our products. Sometimes we need to just realize that we are doing the best we can, and solicit feedback from others.

My product line is called Blended Naturals and I use a label I designed which shows the brown color blending down into a fade for our Dead Sea products and then I do the same but only with a blue color for the organic products.

Michelle
Fresh Radiant Skin
www.deadseastorebyrv.blogspot.com