Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Soap Challenge! Viva La France!

The Soap Artisan Friends of Etsy (SAFE) Team put a challenge to its members to create a soap based on the theme: "Around the World". Each entrant was to select a country (I chose France) to base their creative soap juices on. Voting is taking place NOW on the SAFE team blog. Be sure to vote AND comment to enter to win a FREE bar from the challenge winner! In addition mention you voted when you purchase from me with a message to seller: SoapChallenge to earn a 5% discount on your entire purchase. So many ways to win!

Here is the inspiration behind my soap entrant. French style!

I've always wanted to go to France. As a toddler my baby sitter was French and had we stuck around long I am sure I would have picked up some French words at that wee age. My High School English teacher was a native and her daughter (born in the US) ironically taught my HS French class for 4 years! I know weird! But those early encounters with the French language and culture have always stuck with me. To me France is about three things: Art, Fashion, and FOOD! What French meal would be complete without wine, crusty bread, cheese, and lets not forget the DESSERT!

That being said my challenge soap is Food inspired! This luscious cream soap is scented with the rich flavors of creme brulee! It smells almost good enough to eat! Creamy, sweet, and topped with just a touch of real sugar. Can't make the trip to aux Paris? This soap is sure to have you singing with a French accent as you shower! (Custard cup and french accent not included!)

Ingredients: heavy whipping cream, distilled water, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, shea butter, soybean oil, sodium hydroxide, sucrose, and fragrance

Be looking for this soap in my Etsy shop soon! And don't forget to mention you voted for me for the additional discount! If you feel you MUST have this bar, I can put it on reserve for you. It will be cured in 4 weeks and ready to ship out. Just leave me a message here or a Convo on Etsy RESERVE! Quantities are limited.

1 comment:

anicia said...

Looks like a lot of fun!