Tuesday, January 20, 2009



I think it is time to set and attempt some goals.


Goal 1: Successfully create CP (cold-process) soap line.


Goal 2: Revamp my packaging and create a consistant labeling/logo for all of my products.


Goal 3: Help my local team get up and going this year.


Goal 4: Find one local venue to sell my soap (other than craft/art fairs).




Of these goals I have begun Goals 1 & 2. The other two will come. Goal # 4 depends greatly on me getting labeling done to my own satisfaction and on the creation of the CP line, but also on my guts! It is really hard for me to sell my self--so that is part of goal #4 I suppose.




Here are picts of my first batch of CP. Old Fashioned soap made in the Cold Process Method. This is what my Grandma (Nanny) remembers her mother making using ingredients they had available on the family farm. Great Grandma would send everyone out of the house while she made soap. Iof course have put my own modern twist by adding some extra nutrients and oils they wouldn't have had the luxury to on the farm to make it more soothing. It is fragrance and dye free...super natural. I think this first batch will always be near and dear to my heart.

2 comments:

Mics AKA Lunatiger said...

Your soaps are so cute! Man ever since joining etsy, I've found soaps to be more interesting then before! Goodbye Bath and Body Works!

equivoque said...

nice soaps! nice blog! wish i knew how to make soaps.
--equivoque